Decorating is exciting and, at times, overwhelming, especially if you’re moving into a new home. Not sure where to start? Check out our best decor advice for new homes!
- Stick to neutrals and add color through decor. When it comes to furniture, opt for neutral colors like brown, black, grey, and white. Neutral colors work well in most new homes, and you can always add color through throw pillows, lamps, rugs, and curtains. These decorations are much easier to change out than furniture if you want to change color schemes.
- Choose decorations that you love. Make your new home feel truly yours by filling it with your favorite things. It’s OK to draw from inspiration, but also feel free to go against trends and buy unique pieces. At the end of the day, you’ll be happy that you followed your heart.
- Decorate as you go. Don’t rush to decorate your new home all at once. Like other home projects, decorating takes time, so slow down and enjoy the process, whether it takes five weeks or five years! The inspiration and right pieces for each room will find you at the right time.
- Everything doesn’t have to match. Contrary to what stores want you to believe, you don’t have to buy all of your furniture and decor in sets. 2020 is all about mixing and having things that just “go” together. This trend makes decorating your new home less stressful and allows you to be more creative in the process.
- Less is more. If wall-to-wall decor is your thing, that’s fine, but most new homes are better off with less decor. This helps your home look more sleek, allows your decor to shine, and makes it easier to keep up house. Plus, spending less on decor means more money for other things, like furniture or home improvements.
We hope this list of decor advice is helpful as your decorate your new home. Check back on our blog from time to time for more home-related tips and tricks!